One on One Consultations
Meeting with a professional genealogist with expertise in your area of interest greatly increases your chances of genealogical success. Often those searching, want to do as much of their own genealogy research as possible, but need the occasional the assistance of a professional genealogist. Consultations can be conducted in person at the Family History Library, or via online conferencing.
I am accredited in the U.S. Midwest states, but have worked extensively in the U.S., Canada, Western Europe and Poland. My area of expertise is the Palatine Germans.
On site consultations at the Family History Library
If you are planning to visit the Family History Library, let Luana schedule you for one or more hours to help guide you through the research process and suggest strategies and specific sources for your problem. These sessions are billed at $70/hour and will be paid at the time of consultation.
If you just can’t make it to the Family History Library and would like one-on-one help with your brick wall, you can sign up for a 30- or 60-minute session to discuss specific research issues. The process for online appointments can be found below.
- Select the session date and time that works best for you.
- Upon your selection, payment will be requested. All major credit cards are accepted.
- Once you have chosen an appointment, you will receive an acceptance email with session details. This face to face chat will conducting on Zoom and will include screen sharing options.
- You will receive a secondary email and a link to upload any documents, photos, or other information you feel would be useful before your session. Try and limit the upload to key documents that can be covered during your session.
- Thirty minutes before your session start time you will receive a reminder email with a link to log in to your session. Make sure you have your webcam hooked up. If you have never used Zoom before, click the link, login to your session and make sure that your system/browser are compatible with the service at least 10 minutes before the consultation.
- The session will be recorded, and you will have access to the recording for 3 months following.
You may cancel your appointment up to 48 hours ahead of time to receive a full refund. If you cancel within 48 hours or your appointment, there will be no money refunded. To apply for a refund, please fill out the contact form using the same email address you used to book your consultation. Include a detailed message about why you are requesting a refund. Allow up to 14 days for your refund to be processed.
If you do not show for your session, no refund will be given.
- When supplying information regarding your session, provide as much detailed information about your specific genealogy question or problem as you can.
- Try to minimize noises before beginning session.
- Gather all materials before the session, so that they are on hand at the time of the consultation.
- Reduce the number of programs running on your computer for best connection
- There is no guarantee that your problem will be solved in the time given. You are paying for expertise and guidance. Additional sessions can be requested following the initial meeting.